Sep 17, 11:41 PM
JAW’s ‘HEARTRACERS / HEARTBREAKERS’
– 2016 Federated Auto Parts 400 edition
Racetrack: Richmond International Raceway
Pole Sitter: Denny Hamlin
- Denny Hamlin: Denny started on pole and won the race. He almost led the most laps for a full point’s bonus. He now has three wins. He starts the Chase only three points out of first.
- Chris Buescher: Chris finished on the lead lap and did enough to secure his top-thirty points finish. He got in the Chase.
- Michael McDowell: Michael got a top-twelve finish as an attempt to get into the Chase. It was one of his best runs of the year.
- Kyle Larson: Kyle finished second and almost won two races to get into the Chase. He is fully ready for the Chase now.
- Martin Truex Jr. Martin led the most laps and just came up short on three Chase wins. He got a strong third though.
- Jamie McMurray: Jamie got into the Chase on points. He got a good top-ten finish. He will add two cars for Ganassi Racing into the Chase.