Nov 22, 10:51 PM
JAW’s ‘HEARTRACERS / HEARTBREAKERS’
– 2016 Ford EcoBoost 400 edition
Racetrack: Homestead-Miami Speedway
Pole Sitter: Kevin Harvick
- Jimmie Johnson: Jimmie won his seventh championship tying Richard Petty and Dale Earnhardt for first place. He proved how good a driver he really is by winning the race.
- Kyle Larson: Kyle almost won a race for the fifth time now only to come up empty. His one win does feel good but he feels like he could have five. Almost beating Jimmie Johnson considering the circumstances was a great showing for him.
- Brian Scott: Brian got a top-fifteen finish. I put his decent run on here after learning this could be his final NASCAR race. He was reported to have a health problem that could end his career. He did well in what could be his last race.
- Michael McDowell: Michael drove that No. 5 car up into the front part of the field again. His team is poorly-funded so it was another great effort.
- Jamie McMurray: Jamie got a top-five in a champion deciding race. He beat other Chasers and drivers in a good run. Even though he wasn’t a Chaser he was driving like one.
- AJ Allmendinger: AJ finished the year strong. He got a nice top-ten finish to lead into next year.
- Carl Edwards: Carl was leading and got turned into the wall by Joey Logano. Joey apologized for the crash but Carl’s championship chances were over. He took responsibility and paid respects to Joey’s team.
- Kyle Busch: Kyle just didn’t have a fast enough car in the end to go for the championship. He was stuck around fifth place and couldn’t go.
- Joey Logano: Joey couldn’t make a move on Jimmie Johnson at the end to try and win the title. He got close but ended up losing the title.
- Ricky Stenhouse Jr.: Ricky was doing fine in the last race until he hit the inside wall. He got a poor finish after he could have had a possible top-fifteen finish.
- Aric Almirola: Aric had a rough day. He was in last place several laps down riding from problems. Then he was so many laps down he couldn’t pick off all the cars that crashed near the end.
- Dylan Lupton: Dylan had a poor time in the very slow Go-Fas Racing car. He lost all kinds of time all day and was many laps down on pure speed. His car was not good so it gave him experience.
Tony Stewart – SPECIAL SECTION
- Tony finished his final race in Cup and will retire an all-time great driver.
- Tony tried to get one more win before the end of his career and came up short.