Nov 20, 11:18 PM
JAW’s ‘HEARTRACERS / HEARTBREAKERS’
– 2016 Can-Am 500 edition
Racetrack: Phoenix International Raceway
Pole Sitter: Alex Bowman
- Joey Logano: Joey won the race and advanced to the Final Four. He will feel so good after what happened to him in the last Chase.
- Kyle Busch: Kyle got enough points to advance to the Final Four. He was the only driver without a win this round to advance. He could repeat his championship.
- Kyle Larson: Kyle is finishing the season strong for Ganassi and Target. Target is leaving Ganassi’s Indycar team and may be only sponsoring Kyle Larson next year.
- Alex Bowman: Alex might have won from pole if he hadn’t been hit by Kyle Busch. That contact also eliminated Kyle’s teammate Matt Kenseth from the Chase. Alex was very close with his good run.
- Ryan Blaney: Ryan may not be able to catch Chase Elliott for Rookie of the Year but he can still get a top-ten finish ahead of Chase.
- Chase Elliott: Chase is still a top-ten car again. With his most recent top-ten this week he is all but certain to be Rookie of the Year.
- Kevin Harvick: Kevin finished fourth but is a heartbreaker. He needed to win at his best track Phoenix and didn’t. His fourth was not enough to advance in the Chase.
- Kurt Busch: Kurt joined a few Chasers in the top-ten not advancing. They had good runs but needed a win. Lately his car just seems to have more pace at the beginning of the year.
- Denny Hamlin: Denny was the final Chaser in the top-ten of the three that didn’t advance. He will regret not winning a race during this set of Chase Races.
- Matt Kenseth: Matt seemed to have the win and the Chase advancement locked up until a late restart. He got hit by Alex Bowman that got punted by teammate Kyle Busch. Matt crashed like last year out of the Chase.
- Martin Truex Jr.: Martin crashed in the race and got one of his worst finishes of the year. He will only have one more race to try and win after getting eliminated from the Chase.
- Austin Dillon: Austin surely feels bad now after consecutive rough weeks. Wrecks, and Chase elimination.
Tony Stewart – SPECIAL SECTION
- Tony had a better finish this week after a run of bad luck.
- Tony is still not back to a position to challenge for a win in the final couple weeks of his career.