Nov 20, 11:09 PM
JAW’s ‘HEARTRACERS / HEARTBREAKERS’
– 2016 AAA Texas 500 edition
Racetrack: Texas Motor Speedway
Pole Sitter: Austin Dillon
- Carl Edwards: Carl needed a win to advance in the Chase. He won today amidst a little controversy to advance. NASCAR had to explain on Monday why they called the race so early. Some people felt like the race could have continued if they tried to dry the track.
- Joey Logano: Joey got second place in the race. He is still near the cut line even with two good finishes. He will have to battle to stay in next week with two spots open.
- Martin Truex Jr.: Martin was in the top-five letting everybody know that he is Championship material despite being eliminated.
- Chase Elliott: Chase was also in the top-five letting everybody know that this is just his rookie season. For a warning to future competition: he has done much better than Jeff Gordon did in his rookie season.
- Kasey Kahne: Kasey got a top-ten to try and make a solid case to stay at Hendrick. All of the first part of the year Kasey didn’t look good and missed the Chase with no win. He has no lifetime contract with Hendrick. All of these good finishes lately are in a sense him driving for his job. As far as the Hendrick drivers go he has been quite a disappointment that has gotten worse.
- Ryan Newman: Ryan has been running well in the Chase races too to potentially retain a Childress job. He got tenth place.
- Josh Wise: Josh may have started-and-parked this race or had an actual failure. He was out in last place.
- Casey Mears: Casey had a crash. I felt like he was dragging a 30’s team up into the top-ten and then likely to the win column. He has rescinded in pace since then and been in accidents a lot.
- Ryan Ellis: Ryan was the most laps down in this race. He was so many down that he likely sat in the garage as a partial start-and-park.
- Austin Dillon: Austin was on pole and looked like he could win a race as a non-Chaser. He later crashed and still failed to get the No. 3 back into Victory Lane since the late Dale Sr. in 2000.
- Joey Gase: Joey was over five laps down to his nearest competition. His pace was especially bad in his slow team.
- Kurt Busch: Kurt was well out of the top-ten when he was in Chase trouble. He had many problems including a NASCAR penalty that affected his finish. He has to win next week or he does not advance.
Tony Stewart – SPECIAL SECTION
- Tony will be heading to Homestead and Phoenix soon where he can challenge.
- Tony was well off of the position he feels he can be in again.