Nov 6, 11:44 AM
JAW’s ‘HEARTRACERS / HEARTBREAKERS’
– 2016 Goody’s Fast Relief 500 edition
Racetrack: Martinsville Speedway
Pole Sitter: Martin Truex Jr.
- Jimmie Johnson: Jimmie won the race and advanced. He will be in the Championship race. [Going for seven.]
- Brad Keselowski: Brad was in second place and put in one of the best drives by an eliminated driver so far in the Chase.
- Jeff Gordon: Jeff may have been in his last race in cup and quietly was sixth. He proved he is Mr. Martinsville again.
- Denny Hamlin: Denny was in the top-ten in second place in the Chase so far. He just needs consistent runs now.
- Matt Kenseth: Matt makes up two Gibbs cars currently advancing into the final four.
- Kyle Busch: Kyle makes up the other Gibbs driver. This could be a second consecutive Championship.
- Ricky Stenhouse Jr.: Ricky was out in last place with a crash. That was part of his high and lows this year. He has been more low than high.
- Grey Gaulding: Grey was the second and last retirement of the race. His rear gear failed.
- Reed Sorenson: Reed was the most laps down again. He is in the top-three drivers group of finishing the most laps down.
- Carl Edwards: Carl was many laps down and in the worst Chase position. He will likely have to win one of the next two races to advance.
- Kurt Busch: Kurt missed the top-four chasers with a mid-pack day. He is in the hole deep enough he may have to win or he could rely on other’s bad luck.
- Kevin Harvick: Kevin is in the same position as Kurt Busch. He had a mid-pack day and will have to make moves again to advance.
Tony Stewart – SPECIAL SECTION
- Tony will finish his last season a winner.
- Tony has really begun to fall in pace lately. I don’t think it is what he actually wants so they must have gotten off their game in some other way.