Oct 21, 04:41 AM
JAW’s ‘HEARTRACERS / HEARTBREAKERS’
– 2016 Hollywood Casino 400 edition
Racetrack: Kansas Speedway
Pole Sitter: Matt Kenseth
- Kevin Harvick: Kevin answered everybody about his record of advancing in the Chase. By winning, he did so again. He beat Carl Edwards to race in the round of eight.
- Carl Edwards: Carl thought he had the race won until a late caution. He got beat by Kevin Harvick. Carl was second. He did close in on advancing in the Chase.
- Joey Logano: Joey helped his cause for advancing in the Chase with a good third place finish. He won Talladega last year so he might be able to win his way in.
- AJ Allmendinger: AJ was in the top-ten despite not being in the Chase. He has really improved that single car team since joining it.
- Alex Bowman: Alex was the top finishing non-Chase driver for another week during this year’s Chase. He has done about as good as Jeff Gordon filling in in that car.
- Kasey Kahne: Kasey got another finish that was so good he might have advanced if he was in the Chase in this round. He has improved but a little too late for the Championship.
- Aric Almirola: Aric only lasted 36 laps before a crash that ended his race. He was one of only three retirements. He has been a mid-pack runner this year. Sometimes he has a good run and sometimes he is at the back.
- Josh Wise: Josh had a crash that put him second to last. His year has been one of the worst for any driver. He is hoping for much more next season.
- Brad Keselowski: Brad was looking like a big Chase contender this season. He had a crash with Denny Hamlin. He is now on the outside of the Chase Cut-Off. He may need a win at Talladega next weekend to make the next Chase round.
- Chase Elliott: Chase has just had plain bad luck this week almost guaranteeing that he has to win next week to move on. He had two bad runs in a row. Just when Chase thought he was back in the game he had more problems in the race.
- Jamie McMurray: Jamie was the most laps down in the race but due to an accident. He had another bad week from what was the surging Ganassi team.
- Denny Hamlin: Denny was near the back of the Chase drivers in the race and had that big contact with Brad Keselowski. He is a bubble driver heading into next week. He will have to be good next week at the lottery race.
Tony Stewart – SPECIAL SECTION
- Tony was in the top-twenty for another race this season.
- Lately, Tony has not been able to challenge for wins in the top-five.