Oct 14, 10:45 PM
JAW’s ‘HEARTRACERS / HEARTBREAKERS’
– 2016 Bank of America 500 edition
Racetrack: Charlotte Motor Speedway
Pole Sitter: Kevin Harvick
- Jimmie Johnson: Jimmie won the race. He led the most laps. He got a rare Hendrick win this season. It came at the perfect time for him to advance to the round of eight. It was the first time since the Chase rounds were formed that he advanced past the round of 12.
- Matt Kenseth: Matt was second in the race and Jimmie Johnson’s last threat. He got close to locking himself into the next round. He will be quick going forward.
- Ryan Newman: Ryan had one of his best runs this year. Being in the top-five in good considering he is not in the Chase and winless.
- Brad Keselowski: Brad has been the most consistent car all year with the old point’s standings. He is a threat for the Championship with every race.
- Danica Patrick: Danica had a good run this week in 11th place. She is trying to build momentum towards next season.
- Michael McDowell: Michael got a top-fifteen finish in his weak- funded team. He is still feeling good after his Xfinity win this season.
- Casey Mears: Casey and Alex Bowman crashed in the race. That meant that they were both out at the back of the field. This was unlucky for Casey’s mid-field team.
- Kevin Harvick: Kevin did so well in the first round of the Chase that this problem is a surprise. He has to possibly win to get in. He might be able to wreck enough cars on restarts to get in as well.
- Denny Hamlin: Denny led a bunch of laps. His engine blew and it put him in a hole due to reliability.
- Joey Logano: Joey had back to back problems in turn two causing his car damage. He is around the Chase cut line.
- Chase Elliott: Chase got into a crash during the race. He led almost as many laps as the winner. He is in a big hole now and will have to recover.
- Austin Dillon: Austin was a crash victim like many other Chase contenders. He will have to fix his car and reset his race strategy.
Tony Stewart – SPECIAL SECTION
- Tony got a top-five finish which is good in his final season.
- Tony is out of the Chase and has not won since Sonoma.