Oct 6, 11:18 PM
JAW’s ‘HEARTRACERS / HEARTBREAKERS’
– 2016 Citizen Soldier 400 edition
Racetrack: Dover International Speedway
Pole Sitter: Brad Keselowski
- Martin Truex Jr.: Martin won the race. He beat out Kyle Busch for the win. His single car team advanced in the Chase. They now have four wins this year.
- Kyle Busch: Kyle just missed out on the win again by one spot. He is a Chase favorite. He could go far again in this Chase.
- Chase Elliott: Chase advanced in the Chase by finishing third. With Chris Buescher being eliminated he should be the highest finishing rookie of the year on points. He is still winless but he is expected to win one soon.
- Brad Keselowski: Brad started on pole and got a top-five finish. He advanced in the Chase. He is the leading Penske driver in the Chase.
- Jeff Gordon: Jeff got what could be his last top-ten of his career with only a start or two left this year. He was the top finishing non-Chase driver.
- Ricky Stenhouse Jr. Ricky got a good run this week as a non-Chase driver. It was one of his better finishes as well.
- Jamie McMurray: Jamie was eliminated from the Chase when he blew an engine. He made it a very poor year on the whole for Gannasi Racing through all of its racing series.
- Josh Wise: Josh got another engine failure. This team has been one of the Cup Series leaders in mechanical failures all year.
- Ryan Blaney: Ryan now third or worse in the rookie of the year standings is unraveling as a driver. He is retiring a ton of times in recent races.
- Kyle Larson: Kyle added to Ganassi’s misery by having his own problems in this race to put both cars out of the Chase. After his recent win this is not what they wanted.
- Chris Buescher: Chris thought it might be a hill to climb to get into round two of the Chase. They never had the speed to really challenge after their luck win.
- Jeffery Earnhardt: Jeffery has been at the back of the field in virtually every race for this team. It is one of the slowest teams so you can’t blame the drivers much at all.
Tony Stewart – SPECIAL SECTION
- Tony will be a winner and Chase contender no matter what in his final year in Cup.
- Tony worked so hard to make the Chase by getting that win. Then he got all kind of top-tens. He must feel bad to underperform in his final Chase to the point of being out of it.