Sep 29, 11:39 PM
JAW’s ‘HEARTRACERS / HEARTBREAKERS’
– 2016 Bad Boy Off Road 300 edition
Racetrack: New Hampshire Motor Speedway
Pole Sitter: Carl Edwards
- Kevin Harvick: Kevin got a good last restart and won the race. He moves on in the Chase while he gets all the glory. He is ready for another title.
- Matt Kenseth: Matt battled Martin Truex Jr. all day and then lost out on the last restart to lose the race. He had gotten the better of Truex, and thought he was going to win until Kevin Harvick got him. He still led a bunch of laps and is in a good position to progress on points alone.
- Martin Truex Jr.: Martin led a bunch of laps like Matt Kenseth but in the end he fell back from the battle for the win. He got a good points finish but he was hoping for a win. He will likely advance like Kenseth on points.
- Kasey Kahne: Kasey got the best finish of a non-Chase driver. He was in ninth place. He has raced well enough through the first two Chase rounds where if he was in the Chase he would likely advance.
- Carl Edwards: Carl had another Pole winning car but in the end he couldn’t finish the deal with a win. He will question what he needs more than this to win. He will also likely advance on points to Round 2 of the Chase.
- Ryan Blaney: Ryan got another good finish just outside the top-ten. He has ran well for the Wood Brothers. He is hoping that he can win before the end of the year to answer his rookie rivals.
- Michael Annett: Michael was in a crash that took only himself out part-way through the race. That meant that he was going to be in last place. It was really disappointing for his team that is working to build up their pace.
- Trevor Bayne: Trevor was the second car to crash out of the race and got a bad finish. He was unlucky in his battle to be the top non-Chaser. He could probably bounce back.
- Greg Biffle: Greg qualified in the 30’s and finished there. He has had good runs at certain times but his overall finishes have been poor this season.
- Chris Buescher: Chris is in a real hole now in the Chase and will likely be eliminated in 16th. His car is just not fast enough to compete with the other Chasers.
- Jamie McMurray: Jamie had a bad enough finish this week that he is below the cut line. He might need a win to advance to the next round.
- Austin Dillon: Austin has the same problem as three other Chasers by being on the outside looking in after two of three rounds. He needs a good run or possible bad luck by another Chaser to get in.
Tony Stewart – SPECIAL SECTION
- Tony still has a good car that could allow him to advance.
- Tony had another bad run and finds himself in trouble for advancing in the Chase.