Sep 20, 10:57 PM
JAW’s ‘HEARTRACERS / HEARTBREAKERS’
– 2016 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 400 edition
Racetrack: Chicagoland Speedway
Pole Sitter: Kyle Busch
- Martin Truex Jr.: Martin won the race and locked himself into the next round of the Chase. He looks like a contender for the final four Chasers this season.
- Joey Logano: Joey set himself up to make it to the next round on points even if he doesn’t win. He got second place in the race and is off to a good Chase start.
- Chase Elliott: Chase was close to winning this race and ended up third. He got beat by Martin Truex Jr. on the final pit stops to lose an almost certain race win.
- Ryan Blaney: Ryan stayed out of the pits on the final caution and got a great fourth-place finish. If more people stayed out with him he would have possibly won.
- Alex Bowman: Alex had one of his best runs since filling in for Dale Jr. He got a top-ten.
- Brad Keselowski: Brad got a top-five in the first Chase race. He will be going for the final round of the Chase to make it there with his teammate.
- Joey Gase: Joey was the slowest lapped car this week. He finished in last place 16 laps down.
- Chris Buescher: Chris is in one of the slower Chase teams and they got into a big hole in the first round. They are 34 points back from the leader and facing a round one elimination.
- Kevin Harvick: Kevin looks like he might have to win to get into the next Chase round. He is on the outside of the cut line after the first race.
- Kyle Larson: Kyle is outside the Chase after the first race. He doesn’t have the strongest team to advance either.
- Carl Edwards: Carl found himself on the outside of the Chase. He has a strong car to possibly get back in again.
- Reed Sorenson: Reed had a tough return to Cup racing with a second-to-last place finish. He will have to improve his pace to get back into Cup racing full time.
Tony Stewart – SPECIAL SECTION
- Tony has had some top-tens this year. He might be able to fight back into the Chase with good pace.
- Tony is out of the top-twelve after the first race.